It is a tradition, at the final class session of Dave's dance classes, to wear clothes appropriate to the kind of dance the class was taught: 1940s clothes for the Lindy classes, and Latin clothes for the Salsa classes. For the dances held at Dave's studio, just take your pick; either one is fine. Of course, it is not required to dress up like this, but it is fun, and you are encouraged to do so.
Click on any of the links above to see that kind of 1940s attire, as it pertains to dancing.
There are several inexpensive places in Fort Collins at which you can get 1940s clothes. However, these places do not sell such clothes all the time, and when they have such attire is unpredictable. So, the best approach is to stop in from time to time and see what they have--don't wait until the last minute, or you'll likely be disappointed. These are the places I recommend:
- Savers (4106 S College, #100, 282-9446)
- Salvation Army Thrift Store (246 N. College, 224-3340)
- Unique Repeats (Lemay and Pennock, by Pizza Hut, 495-8890)
- ARC Thrift Store (106 E Foothills Parkway, 267-8870)
- Goodwill Industries (320 Walnut, 482-5856)